Ravioli with Brown Butter and Sage
- 18-20 oz store-bought or homemade ravioli cooked according to package directions (or if using homemade, according to your recipe)
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 20-25 fresh sage leaves
- 1 lemon
- Parmigiano Reggiano for serving
- Cook ravioli according to package instructions (or if using homemade, according to your recipe).
- While ravioli cooks, heat a large skillet over medium and add the butter. Cook for about 3 minutes or until browned and fragrant (it will smell nutty), swirling the butter and stirring occasionally. Add pepper to taste, and the sage leaves. Continue cooking about 2 minutes more, until sage is slightly crispy, stirring occasionally. Add about ½ tablespoon lemon juice.
Once ravioli has finished cooking, add them to the skillet, stirring gently to coat them in the browned butter. Divide ravioli among 4 plates or bowls, top with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and a squeeze of lemon.